A construction professional responsible for on-site and office support to the Project Superintendent and Project Manager. Many of the duties are crossovers from estimating, project management, and field supervision.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide and maintain a safe work environment.
- Enforce all company, OSHA, and other applicable safety standards with subcontractors and employees.
- Hold required safety meetings.
- Maintain safety logs.
- Provide timely and accurate documentation and reporting of safety issues.
- Maintain a clean jobsite.
- Report unsafe acts of subcontractors.
- Effectively communicate with the project manager and superintendent on all job specific issues.
- Keep the P.M. and Superintendent advised of job status via written and verbal communication.
- Advise the P.M. immediately in case of:
- Any problem with the owner, engineer/architect, supplier, or subcontractor
- OSHA inspection
- Pickets or business agent on jobsite
- Additional project costs
- Effectively communicate with all parties: i.e., owner, architect/engineer, project manager, superintendent, crew, government agencies, and inspectors.
- Establish a professional rapport with the client and architect/engineer.
- Prepare for and participate in regular owners and/or architect meetings.
- Submit and log accurate and timely RFI’s.
- Work with the project team to update and analyze the project schedule on an ongoing basis.
- Responsible for day-to-day project operations.
- Prepare two-week look-ahead schedules based on the overall job schedule for use by all parties involved.
- Schedule and coordinate all subcontractors and material suppliers.
- Review IR Log issues.
- Act as liaison for all concerned parties: i.e. architect, owner, subcontractors.
- Monitor subcontractor manpower to ensure the schedule is being met.
- Ensure all work is in compliance with specified quality standards.
- Meet with select subcontractors and the superintendent(s) to review plans and specifications prior to the subcontractors starting work.
- Inspect the subcontractors work for quality compliance.
- Inspect material for quality compliance.
- Request outside inspection as needed to ensure quality control.
- Coordinate testing agencies.
- Interpret plans and specifications for all parties.
- Review shop drawings for accuracy.
- Strive for zero punchlist.
- Maintain a clean and organized jobsite office.
- Complete all required paperwork in a professional and timely manner. This includes job diaries and timecards.
- Tag and report equipment defects.
- Determine material quantities as requested.
- Control and monitor all change orders in a timely manner.
- Monitor all required submittals to ensure timeliness and compliance.
- Monitor subcontractor time and material work as required.
- Provide documentation as required.
- Prepare/obtain as-built drawings.
- Lead weekly progress meetings and prepare meeting minutes.
To be successful an individual must be able to perform each duty and responsibility satisfactorily.
- Bachelors degree in 4 year construction management, engineering or related field or equivalent experience
–Knowledge and Experience:
- Entry level position–internship experience preferred.
- Ability and willingness to learn
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.