Eagle Building is looking to add to our team a dynamic professional responsible for preparing and completing full estimates for assigned projects.
- Responsible for soliciting subcontractors and assist lead estimator in take-offs as required.
- Review specifications and drawings to determine scope of work and required contents of estimate.
- Participate in pre-bid meetings, bid strategy, and marketing presentations as requested.
- Prepare estimates by calculating complete takeoff of certain sections and reviewing vendor quotations.
- Review and incorporate historical data from prior projects as required.
- Interface with Owner, A/E and /or subcontractors to provide accurate cost estimates
- Prepare conceptual estimates as required.
- Perform additional assignments per direction of Chief Estimator or Vice President of the Group.
- Participate in plan review and estimating reviews for prospective projects
- Understanding of construction specifications and blueprint reading
- Responsible for soliciting subcontractors/suppliers to ensure proper coverage
- Utilize and complete the subcontractor pre-qualification
- Distribute documents to interested bidders
- BA/BS degree construction management, engineering or related field or relevant trade experience.
- Six months minimum experience preferred in estimating field
- Ability to read and understand construction plans and specifications